Author Notes: My time as a line cook at Aldea restaurant in New York City inspired this salad dressing - we used creme fraiche in our salad dressing, though my version is decidedly simpler.
- Rochelle Bilow
Makes 1 cup
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed pink peppercorns
- 3/4 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon creme fraiche
- Combine the sherry vinegar, brown sugar and peppercorns in a bowl and whisk to combine. (I like to first place the peppercorns on a cutting board and crush them with the back of a frying pan. They retain some of their integrity that way, rather than being ground to oblivion in a pepper mill.)
- Slowly whisk in the olive in. Once it’s emulsified, whisk in the creme fraiche. Season with salt.