If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Whenever I have last-minute guests I panic, thinking that I won't have enough food, or my last-minute meal might not live up to their expectations.
I feel like I will be judged by what I serve. Therefore, I try my best to scramble up the best dinner I can at the last minute. Mind you, it needs to be at least 3 courses.
This dip serves as a great starter, it is so easy and I always have these ingredients on hand, I serve it as part of a larger cheese/bread/olive/nuts platter and my insecurities about not serving an adequate meal are usually gone. —fortheloveofyum
- 4-5 roasted red peppers (skin/seeds/stem removed,) if using jarred then quickly rinse off any jar water.
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup crème fraîche (you can up to a 1/2+ cup, depending on how creamy you want your dip to be)
- juice of half a lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- Put the cream cheese in a medium-sized bowl and whip it with the crème fraîche and lemon juice using a whisk or hand mixer on low speed until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Next, add in the extra-virgin olive oil and continue to whisk until all combined, about a minute or so. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a food processor, pulse the rest of the ingredients together-the roasted red peppers, garlic, the herbs, and scallions. Don't puree, leave a little texture to the red peppers. Season the red pepper mixture with salt and pepper.
- Fold in the red pepper mixture into the cream cheese mixture until combined. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour. Serve with bread, crackers, and crudités.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip
Introducing the F52
Our family just got bigger, but you'll recognize some familiar faces
Introducing the F52.
Trailblazing snacks to pack.
New to the Shop.
We love the new Rizzoli Bookstore.
It's in the bag.