If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We have started a tradition in our family that we will celebrate the start of a new week with a grand Meatless Mondays feast. I love creating tasty vegetarian recipes which my family of three carnivore males could sink there teeth into! Homemade Paneer is so easy and only has two ingredients. I spiced up the Paneer with a Moroccan Chermoula Sauce! - onetribegourmet
- 1 gallon whole milk
- 6-8 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Moroccan Chermoula Sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1-2 teaspoon toasted cumin seeds, crushed or ground
- 1 fresh red chile,seeded, crushed or finely chopped
- 1 freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil, extra for grilling
- small bunch of cilantro, crushed or chopped
- METHOD FOR HOMEMADE PANEER~ Place a colander lined with cheesecloth over a large bowl. In a large heavy non stick pot, boil the milk on a medium heat. Add the lemon juice. Curd will start to form. Drain the curd mixture in the colander/cheesecloth
- Rinse the curd briefly under slow-running water to remove the lemon taste. Gather the edges together, squeeze the excess water, then knot together the cheesecloth and let it sit in the colander . Let it sit for 20 minutes.
- To make the cheese dense for cutting into cubes; place a heavy object over the paneer for about an hour. Cut into bite size one inch square pieces for Kabobs.
- METHOD FOR MOROCCAN CHERMOULA SAUCE~ Crush all of the ingredients in a mortar & pestle or a food processor.You can make extra and store in air tight jar in the fridge for few weeks.
- METHOD FOR MARINATING & GRILLING PANEER KABOBS~Take the Paneer cubes and add the Chermoula Sauce. Marinate for 10 minutes.Place the Paneer cubes on skewers and grape tomatoes, alternate Paneer & Tomatoes or any vegetable of your choice.
- Heat a grill pan on medium and coat it with olive oil. Grill the Paneer Kabobs for a minute on each side.Brush on some extra Chermoula Sauce over the Kebobs and cover to keep warm.