Author Notes: We have started a tradition in our family that we will celebrate the start of a new week with a grand Meatless Mondays feast. I love creating tasty vegetarian recipes which my family of three carnivore males could sink there teeth into! Homemade Paneer is so easy and only has two ingredients. I spiced up the Paneer with a Moroccan Chermoula Sauce! - onetribegourmet
- 1 gallon whole milk
- 6-8 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Moroccan Chermoula Sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1-2 teaspoon toasted cumin seeds, crushed or ground
- 1 fresh red chile,seeded, crushed or finely chopped
- 1 freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil, extra for grilling
- small bunch of cilantro, crushed or chopped
- METHOD FOR HOMEMADE PANEER~ Place a colander lined with cheesecloth over a large bowl. In a large heavy non stick pot, boil the milk on a medium heat. Add the lemon juice. Curd will start to form. Drain the curd mixture in the colander/cheesecloth
- Rinse the curd briefly under slow-running water to remove the lemon taste. Gather the edges together, squeeze the excess water, then knot together the cheesecloth and let it sit in the colander . Let it sit for 20 minutes.
- To make the cheese dense for cutting into cubes; place a heavy object over the paneer for about an hour. Cut into bite size one inch square pieces for Kabobs.
- METHOD FOR MOROCCAN CHERMOULA SAUCE~ Crush all of the ingredients in a mortar & pestle or a food processor.You can make extra and store in air tight jar in the fridge for few weeks.
- METHOD FOR MARINATING & GRILLING PANEER KABOBS~Take the Paneer cubes and add the Chermoula Sauce. Marinate for 10 minutes.Place the Paneer cubes on skewers and grape tomatoes, alternate Paneer & Tomatoes or any vegetable of your choice.
- Heat a grill pan on medium and coat it with olive oil. Grill the Paneer Kabobs for a minute on each side.Brush on some extra Chermoula Sauce over the Kebobs and cover to keep warm.