If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When I entertain there is nary a deviled egg in sight, but you will always find plenty of cheese biscuits. A mix between a shortbread and savory cracker, I particularly like that the addition of paprika and red pepper give these more flavor than the average cheese straw. I got this recipe from my friend Nicole when we were all living in NYC after college and swapping recipes (we were the BGSK of the late 90's!) To this day I make them on a regular basis. They are especially great for my Naptime Chef-ing, I make the dough while my daughter naps - it is so simple - then let it chill for the remainder of the afternoon/evening. After she goes to bed I slice and bake, and they are ready for the next day! - KelseyTheNaptimeChef
Serves 50-60 biscuits
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups sharp cheddar, grated
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves approx. (1 half per biscuit)
- Cream together butter and cheese.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, salt, paprika and red pepper. Stir to combine. Add, dry ingredients slowly to the butter and cheese mixture until fully incorporated and a dough forms.
- Remove dough from mixing bowl and shape into rolls about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Sometimes I use the inside of a paper towel roll to shape the dough - that helps. Chill rolls wrapped in plastic for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350. Slice rolls into 1/4 inch disks and press a pecan half into the top of each cracker. Bake 15-18 minutes or until crackers are set and edges slightly golden.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Paprika
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends.