If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This granola recipe has become the family "go to" granola recipe.It's balance between sweet & salty makes it unique, along with the added health benefit of olive oil. It has been added to college care packages for years as well as becoming the much anticipated food gift during the holidays.The recipe is flexible in that if you don't like a particular nut or coconut you can add whatever you prefer. - sticksnscones
Makes 6 cups
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup large flake unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup shelled unsalted pistachios or pepitas
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup dried cranberries or apricots(optional)
- Preheat oven to 300. Oil a large baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, coconut, almonds, pistachios, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon and cardamom.
- In another small bowl combine the olive oil and maple syrup.
- Pour the oil & syrup mixture over the oat mixture and stir well, making sure that the ingredients are well coated.
- Spread evenly on the cookie sheet. Bake for about 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Granola is done when golden brown. Let cool completely. Add optional dried cranberries or apricots.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cardamom