If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I used a compilation of banana bread recipes, then added the raisins, rum and cardamom just because. - cdb1101
Makes 1 loaf
- 2 Large eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon Rum
- 1/2 cup Unsalted butter
- 1 cup Mashed bananas (3)
- 1 1/4 cup Whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cardamom
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 1/2 cup Chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 cup Light brown sugar
- In medium bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in rum, then eggs, then bananas.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking soda and cardamom.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients until well incorporated.
- Stir raisins, then nuts into batter.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a loaf pan.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Batter can also be used to make muffins. Spoon batter into greased muffin tins and bake at 350 degrees F. For 20 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cardamom