If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I actually set out this week to fancy up the basic, bare-bones carrot halwa I've enjoyed since I first had this Indian desert. I tried to make it into a soufflé, ice cream, and custard. While my attempts weren't terrible, they only detracted from the magical marriage of creamy milk and sweet carrots accented by cardamom I had started out with. - prettyPeas
- 6 carrots
- 1 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 4 cardamom pods, crushed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Peel and grate carrots.
- Heat carrots, milk, cardamom, and butter over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until milk is nearly evaporated, about 50 minutes.
- Add sugar and cook an additional 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure mixture does not stick to bottom.
- Remove cardamom pods, if you can find them. Turn out into a large, flat container. Allow to cool until warm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cardamom