If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A rich, simple and elegant chicken dish easily adaptable for family style eating and large crowds. - Chef Merlin
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- Butter (for searing)
- 1 tablespoon flour (for roux)
- 2 cups Chicken Stock (low sodium)
- Truffle Salt (if not available, Kosher Salt is fine)
- Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Fingerling Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash and pat chicken dry. Dice the rosemary, sage, and thyme until uniform in texture. Season the breasts with salt and pepper and the herb mixture and set aside.
- Wash both the asparagus and fingerling potatoes. Slice the potatoes in half, length wise, and pat both vegetable dry. Pull out two separate sheet pans. On one, lay the asparagus flat and season with truffle salt, pepper and olive oil. On the other, toss the fingerlings in salt and pepper and lay flesh side down to allow the potato to caramelize and roast. Peel rosemary leaves off the stalk and scatter across the potatoes. Dice 2 tbs. of butter and spread across the sheet pan.
- Place both sheet pans into the 425 degree oven and begin to roast. The asparagus should take roughly 10 minutes, and the potatoes roughly 20.
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat and add butter to the pan. Place chicken breasts into the warm pan and sear one side until golden brown (4 minutes). Flip chicken to the other side and sear for an additional 3 minutes.
- Transfer the skillet with the chicken into the oven to finish cooking the chicken thoroughly. After about 5 minutes remove the pan from the oven and take the chicken out of the pan to rest.
- Add the flour into the pan with the grease from cooking the chicken. Be careful as the skillet handle will be hot from the oven. Cook the grease and flour together for a minute to cook the rawness out of the flour. Add the chicken stock and bring to a medium simmer.
- Plate roasted vegetables with the seared chicken on top. Cover with the delicious herbed gravy and enjoy!
Dumplings, No Recipe Required
Dumplings for one, dumplings for all.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Gluten-Free Strawberry Tart
Eclectic Truffle Chocolate Bars
Cuban-inspired recipes to cook now.