Author Notes: Friends were coming over and I had nothing ready to snack on. After digging through the fridge I found a bunch of ingredients that said bruchetta, with a twist! - midnitechef
- 1 cup green olives, drained
- 1 orange
- 1 lime
- 1 lemon
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon good olive oil
- pinch sea salt
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- italian bread slices, toasted
- shredded pecorino romano cheese
- Finely dice the olives and tomatoes. Place these in a bowl along with the garlic and onion. Sprinkle with balsamic vinegar and sea salt.
- Zest the half the orange, half the lemon and half the lime. Add the juice of the orange to the mixture.
- Mince some parsley and mix into the bruchetta. Reserve some for garnish.
- Let the bruchetta marinate in the fridge until ready to serve. To serve, top toasted bread slices with some bruchetta, pecorino and parsley.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Bite Party Snack
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Citrus & Olives