If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Olives, spice, citrus - simply said. I first came across this recipe in a little book of Moroccan cooking......easy to adapt, use your favourite spices and herbs and add a touch of citrus. - Kitchen Butterfly
- 225g (1 1/2 cups) green or tan olives, unpitted
- 4 tablespoons fresh coriander
- 4 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- 1 red chilli, seeded and finely sloced
- 4 - 5 kumquat skins chopped up, membrane and seeds eaten, discarded or saved for making jam
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Good pinch of (dry-roasted) cumin
- 2 – 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 – 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Crack the olives to break the flesh but not the stone. You can do this by pressing the flesh with your fingers. Leave in cold water overnight.
- Drain the olives and put in a jar. Combine all the other ingredients and stir into the olives.
- Store in the refrigerator for at least 1 week before use, shaking the jars occasionally.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Citrus & Olives