Author Notes: Soft butter lettuce is available year round and reminds me of warmer weather to come during the cold of winter. The olives and citrus dressing are a nice seasonal addition. - familydinners
- 1/2 meyer lemon, juice and zest
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 1 tablespoon local honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 heads butter lettuce
- 1/2 cup black olives cured in oil, pitted and halved
- Whisk citrus juice and zest, honey, and mustard. Slowly add olive oil whisking until completely emulsified
- Clean and tear lettuce into bite size pieces.
- Toss lettuce leaves with enough dressing to coat. Put on a plate and sprinkle with olives. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Citrus & Olives