If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a dish fusing the olive martini taste with a chicken and pasta dish. It is actually a recipe that came to me in the middle of the night lol! I couldn't sleep so I kept thinking of creative ways to incorporate citrus and olives into a hearty dish. Once I thought of this, I knew I had to make it. It came out better than I thought it would. - dixiechik
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pound angel hair pasta
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons Worchestershire
- 2 tablespoons Lemonpepper seasoning
- 14 ounces baby artichokes, chopped
- 1 handful Sicilian green olives, pitted and NOT stuffed
- 2 tablespoons olive juice from jar
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons gin
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 16 ounces petite diced tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Spread the chicken pieces into one layer on a big plate or prep area. Stab with a fork several times, then sprinkle on the Worchestershire followed by a few generous shakes of the lemon pepper.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Heat about 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Throw in the chicken when the oil is hot. Let it brown for about a minute or two, then toss. Turn it, browning the other sides and continue cooking until browned and done - about 6 minutes or so. Move to a plate and cover with foil. Do not rinse the pan...we need those little brown bits!
- Add another tbsp of olive oil to the pan, and then the garlic and onions. Stir until you can smell the garlic and then add the artichokes through parmesan. Bring to a slow boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and cover. Simmer, and stir occasionally, for about 20 minutes.
- Add the chicken to the sauce and simmer about another one or two minutes, then remove from heat. Toss with the pasta and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Citrus & Olives
Breakfast for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
When I dip, you dip, we dip.
Style with a breeze.
Genius, explained at last.
White and Grey Ceramic Vase
For fresh blooms.