If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When peppers are in season I can not grill and eat enough of them. In the winter they are so-so but VERY expensive. I have found a jarred red and yellow roasted peppers at Whole Foods but nothing tastes like peppers grilled black on the Weber, peeled and dressed simply with garlic and good olive oil. When I have time I grill pounds of them and store them in containers covered with olive oil. They will last for up to 2 months in your fridge but you can also freeze them. This was the last of my grilled peppers. Still simply dressed but kicked-up a notch with 3 different types and tastes of olives, lemon zest and the juice of that lemon. These are great on their own with some feta or a Spanish cheese, but would make anything they covered, taste over the top. Hot dogs, hamburgers, grilled bread with ricotta, eggs, chicken...well, I could go on and on. - Stockout
Makes 2 cups
- 3 grilled or roasted red peppers
- Good quality extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, large chop
- 1/4 cup Sicilian olives, large chop
- 1/4 cup pimiento stuffed green olives, large chop
- 1 tablespoon pepadew peppers, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Italian flat-leaf parsley, minced
- Zest of a large lemon
- Juice of a large lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Rub peppers with olive oil and grill until blackened on all sides. If winter and you have a gas grill, place peppers right on the gas grate and blacken on all sides. If you have a electric stove, cut the peppers in half and skin side up under broiler until skin starts to blister, about 15-20 minutes depending on your oven. Watch them carefully.
- Once they blackened on all sides wrap each on in a wet paper towel and let steam or place in a large bowl and cover with foil.
- Once they are cool to the touch, remove the skins and discard. Cut open peppers, remove the stem, ribs and seeds. Slice into 1" slices.
- Place in a bowl and add olive oil to cover.
- Add all the other ingredients to the peppers and taste for salt & pepper. Store in the refridgerator until ready to eat. Bring to room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Citrus & Olives