Author Notes: This is an addictive scrumptious bite-size healthy cookie; never guessed all those words can come into one sentence. Chinese inspired: chewy, nutty, and not too sweet.
*These cookies needs a very short amount of baking time. Guard over these as you slide them into the oven. - FrancesRenHuang
Makes about 30 walnut-size
- 1/2 cup of white and black sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons organic cane sugar
- 1 egg white, beaten until frothy
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat pastry flour
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- As you toast the sesame seeds, pour in the vegetable oil and stir over low heat until fragrant, about 5 minutes; set aside to cool for a few minutes and fold in the sugar.
- Fold in the egg white and gently incorporate the flour, one tablespoon at a time into a creamy consistency.
- Put 1 teaspoon (walnut-size) onto parchment paper, 1 inch in between to prevent sticking; bake for 5~10 minutes, until brown and crisp.
- When cool enough to handle (~1 minute), carefully release the cookies and let it cool. Or press into palm with thumb and curl them a bit.