Author Notes: Until this summer, I had never eaten fresh figs. They looked beautiful at the grocery store so I decided to take a chance and buy a carton. I’m glad I did. The slight sourness of the yogurt in my recipe/experiment nicely balanced the sweetness of the figs and honey. As with most of my favorite desserts, the roasted figs dish is great for breakfast. - Kelly
- 8 Black or Mission figs
- 14 ounces Greek-style yogurt
- 6 tablespoons honey, divided
- 4 ounces walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Cut the figs in half lengthwise. Place the figs cut side up in a baking dish. Brush 2 tablespoons of honey over the cut side of the figs.
- Bake figs for 12 minutes, until just softened and heated through. Let cool 5 to 10 minutes.
- For each serving, lay 4 fig halves on a serving plate. Spoon about 1/2 cup (90 g) yogurt on top of the figs. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of honey over the yogurt and figs. Sprinkle 1 oz (30 g) of walnuts on each serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fig Recipe