Author Notes: We love pumpkin! and love to use it in savory and sweet dishes. This is one of our favorite ways to utilize pumpkin! - adamnsvetcooking
- 1 cup Milk (you can use soy milk)
- 4 tablespoons Honey
- 1 Inch of pealed ginger, sliced
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Orange Zest
- 3/4 cups Pumpkin pure (canned is good, we like Libby's)
- 2 Egg yokes
- 1/2 tablespoon Of corn starch dissolved in 2 tbs of room temp water
- Simmer the milk, sliced ginger, orange zest, cinnamon and honey over medium heat, for about 10 mins.
- Take off the heat and let all the ingredients steep in the milk for about 10 to 15 mins. You really want to infuse the milk with the different flavors.
- Strain the mixture.
- Add the pumpkin. At this point the temperature of the mixture will drop, and the egg yokes can be tempered. (I make scrambled eggs sometimes ;)
- Temper the egg yokes with few tablespoons of the mixture. Return the tampered eggs to the mixture. Add the dissolved corn starch to the mixture.
- Place the mixture on back on medium heat. Whisk until the pudding thickens.
- Pour into ramekins or decorative dishes, and place in the refrigerator to cool.
- Sprinkle a pinch or two of cinnamon and enjoy!!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pudding