If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired by south Indian kesari. This variation is by no means traditional but it does have a bit more lightness to it. - Joshdaddy
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1.5 tablespoons golden raisins
- 2 teaspoons almond slivers
- 1.5 cups Sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup wheat farina
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon tumeric
- Place milk, raisins, almonds, vanilla, and one cup of sugar into a heavy sauce pan. Heat over a medium flame, stirring until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk the egg yolks and the remaining 1/2 cup sugar until the mixture is smooth and light.
- When the milk mixture starts to give off steam (around 140 degrees F), lower the flame to a simmer.
- Temper the egg yolks (transfer a couple of tablespoons at a time of the hot milk mixture into the egg yolk mixture, whisking in as you do).
- Once you have added about 1/2 cup of hot milk into the egg yolk mixture, transfer the mixture back into the sauce pan, stirring constantly as you do.
- Add the wheat farina and stir constantly for 4-5 minutes, until the cereal starts to set. If you are using a thermometer, you should let the mixture get to about 160 degrees F.
- Remove from the heat, add the tumeric, and mix.
- Let the custard stand for another ten minutes, stir, then transfer to individual serving dishes. Serve warm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pudding
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.