If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Just as the package says, comforting when served warm and soothing when served chilled. While it may not be essential it is classic and a simple bowl of this stuff can take your mind racing, high speed, back to your childhood, a rainy fall day or a hot summer night on the porch swing. However you choose to serve it it is oddly addicting. It can linger like the memory of your first real kiss, and the variations are endless so it can be as torrid as make-up sex. - thirschfeld
Food52 Review: As a tapioca rookie, I appreciated thirschfeld’s specific direction on taking the pudding mixture to just the right level of boil so it wouldn’t break. Besides this crucial step, the recipe is a cinch. Basically, you combine most of the ingredients in a sauce pan, let them sit before and after a gentle boil, and voila -- a lovely, ethereal pudding that you can't seem to get enough of. - Midge
Serves 4 to 6
- 1/3 cup honey, clover or wildflower
- 3 tablespoons instant tapioca
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons minced almonds
- 1/16 heaping teaspoons fresh grated nutmeg
- Place the honey, sugar, tapioca, egg, nutmeg and the milk into a sauce pan. Let the pan set for 30 minutes.
- Over medium heat and while stirring, bring the pudding to a soft boil. I made this three times and every time I brought it to a full boil it broke. A soft boil is when just the outside edges of the liquid begin to roil and creep from the side of the pan toward the center of the pan by about a 1/2 inch.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla. Let the pudding rest for twenty minutes. Serve warm with crushed almonds on top or put it in the fridge till well chilled. Wait to garnish with the almonds until you serve it.
Dumplings, No Recipe Required
Dumplings for one, dumplings for all.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Gluten-Free Strawberry Tart
Eclectic Truffle Chocolate Bars
Cuban-inspired recipes to cook now.