Author Notes: I have never been a big fan of traditional rice pudding. But with the addition of coconut milk and raspberry compote, this rice pudding is something special. - ajinthekitchen
For the Rice Pudding
- 2 ounces long grain rice
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- 8 ounces coconut milk
- 2 ounces sugar
- 1 ounce butter
- 1 vanilla bean, split
For the Raspberry Compote
- 8 oz fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons Chambord Raspberry Liqueur
- 2 tablespoons confectionary sugar
- Wash the rice well and drain. In a heavy sauce pan, bring the cream and the coconut milk to a boil. Add the rice and stir.
- Add the sugar, split vanilla bean and butter to the sauce pan.
- Simmer for approximately 45 minutes, or until the rice is tender. Place cooked pudding in 4 small molds or decorative glasses.
- Place half of the raspberries, the Chambord and the confectionary sugar into another pan.
- Bring to a boil and simmer a few minutes until the mixture thickens. Puree in a food processor (or blender) until smooth. Pass the raspberry mixture through a fine mesh sieve to remove seeds. Let cool to room temperature.
- To serve, drizzle raspberry compote and the remaining raspberries around the base of the pudding. Enjoy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pudding