If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have never been a big fan of traditional rice pudding. But with the addition of coconut milk and raspberry compote, this rice pudding is something special. —ajinthekitchen
For the Rice Pudding
- 2 ounces long grain rice
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- 8 ounces coconut milk
- 2 ounces sugar
- 1 ounce butter
- 1 vanilla bean, split
For the Raspberry Compote
- 8 oz fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons Chambord Raspberry Liqueur
- 2 tablespoons confectionary sugar
- Wash the rice well and drain. In a heavy sauce pan, bring the cream and the coconut milk to a boil. Add the rice and stir.
- Add the sugar, split vanilla bean and butter to the sauce pan.
- Simmer for approximately 45 minutes, or until the rice is tender. Place cooked pudding in 4 small molds or decorative glasses.
- Place half of the raspberries, the Chambord and the confectionary sugar into another pan.
- Bring to a boil and simmer a few minutes until the mixture thickens. Puree in a food processor (or blender) until smooth. Pass the raspberry mixture through a fine mesh sieve to remove seeds. Let cool to room temperature.
- To serve, drizzle raspberry compote and the remaining raspberries around the base of the pudding. Enjoy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pudding
It's a little Spanish, a little Italian, and a lot wonderful
Bring some flare to your cookout.
Life's better with snacks.
Meet beaver tails.
A better basket.