Author Notes: Love this recipe. Have often made for Christmas dinner because my family loves it. It is both sweet and savory.
To get 2 cups pureed carrots, I boil about 4 cups peeled and chopped carrots. It comes out close when you measure. - ellent124
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup cream or milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 cups cooked & pureed carrots
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Beat butter and sugar with electric mixer.
- Add eggs, then milk.
- Beat in flour, salt, & cinnamon. It will look curdled--don't worry!
- Add onion, carrots and lemon juice and mix well.
- Pour into buttered 2 qt baking dish or souffle dish. (May refrigerate at this point--bring to room temp before baking.) Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe