If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Love this recipe. Have often made for Christmas dinner because my family loves it. It is both sweet and savory.
To get 2 cups pureed carrots, I boil about 4 cups peeled and chopped carrots. It comes out close when you measure. - ellent124
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup cream or milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 cups cooked & pureed carrots
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Beat butter and sugar with electric mixer.
- Add eggs, then milk.
- Beat in flour, salt, & cinnamon. It will look curdled--don't worry!
- Add onion, carrots and lemon juice and mix well.
- Pour into buttered 2 qt baking dish or souffle dish. (May refrigerate at this point--bring to room temp before baking.) Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe