Author Notes: Thanks to Jessica Tom I have just tried cooking teff to make her wonderful pudding recipe (really great, btw). At the market I had found both teff flour and teff grain. Going with teff grain (right choice), I was then struck by how really tiny these grains are. I was also a little suspicious that they would taste...well, you know, good for you, but really not that good. But, the flavor and texture both deliver....and I mean good for you and really good tasting! I think I have just made a new best friend! - Sagegreen
- 1/3 cup brown teff grains
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 inch piece of raw peeled ginger
- 2 ounces pepitas
- 2 ounces premium dried cranberries
- splash of organic almond or rice milk
- Roast the grains in a frying pan. Combine them in a sauce pan with the water and about 1/2 inch of ginger slices. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the water is absorbed. Let sit off heat for 5 minutes.
- Scoop into two bowls while warm. Add the pepitas and cranberries on top. Grate the remaining ginger on top. Add a splash of almond or rice milk. Feel pretty darn virtuous about the start of your new day.