If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Thanks to Jessica Tom I have just tried cooking teff to make her wonderful pudding recipe (really great, btw). At the market I had found both teff flour and teff grain. Going with teff grain (right choice), I was then struck by how really tiny these grains are. I was also a little suspicious that they would taste...well, you know, good for you, but really not that good. But, the flavor and texture both deliver....and I mean good for you and really good tasting! I think I have just made a new best friend! - Sagegreen
- 1/3 cup brown teff grains
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 inch piece of raw peeled ginger
- 2 ounces pepitas
- 2 ounces premium dried cranberries
- splash of organic almond or rice milk
- Roast the grains in a frying pan. Combine them in a sauce pan with the water and about 1/2 inch of ginger slices. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the water is absorbed. Let sit off heat for 5 minutes.
- Scoop into two bowls while warm. Add the pepitas and cranberries on top. Grate the remaining ginger on top. Add a splash of almond or rice milk. Feel pretty darn virtuous about the start of your new day.
Our Latest Contest
Your Best Salad Without Lettuce
Wine to go, without the box.
Go play outside!