If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I made this last week as a side dish with roast chicken and, as I was eating the leftovers for lunch today, realized that I could submit this to this week’s contest. Alas, I did not take a picture—I will this week if I make it again. It was really good as a side dish to roast chicken, and made a delicious quick lunch with some rice today after work. It’s also an outstanding filling for an omelet. - drbabs —drbabs
Food52 Review: This was heavenly! It had been a long, long week, and the opportunity to test these lemony carrots was a true gift! The dish was a cinch to prepare and the addition of fennel gave a wonderfully unique twist to roast vegetables. And then not just lemon but Meyer lemons! I put everything together, got all the animals fed, started laundry, poured a glass of wine and sat down to a lovely, golden dinner. It was wonderful, thank you. —boulangere
- 1 pound carrots, trimmed, peeled and sliced into coins
- 1 large sweet onion, halved pole to pole and then thinly sliced
- 1 bulb fennel, sliced thin (a mandoline is helpful)
- 4 yukon gold potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 2-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large meyer lemons
- salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400. In a large bowl, toss the carrots, onions, fennel and potatoes with olive oil. Season with 1 teaspoon of salt. Mix well. Place in a single layer in a roasting pan. Juice one lemon and pour juice over vegetables. Mix well. Slice the other lemon very thin and place slices around vegetables in pan. Bake for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally, till all vegetables are softened and beginning to brown and caramelize. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Most Impressive Dinner Party Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Root Vegetable Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe
Put Summer in a Jar
How to freestyle berry jam
Freestyle berry jam.
A toast to toast.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.
The new Food52 office.