If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If you're looking for a new spin on the traditional burger recipe, this burger offers exotic flavors and rich tastes. The richness from the egg yolk blends in perfectly with the meat leaving you hungry for the next bite! —Chef Merlin
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 5 Eggs
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1/2 Onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon tumeric
- 1 handful Basil
- 1 handful Arugula
- 4 Hamburger Buns
- Vegetable Oil
- Mix ground beef with onions, garlic, spices and 1 whole egg. Mix to combine ingredients, cover with plastic wrap and let sit in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before cooking to allow spices to infuse meat.
- Form the beef into four equal 1/4lb patties by hand.
- Cooking methods can range from a flat-top, seared in a frying pan, grilled, or broiled. Use your preferred method! In this recipe I will sear the burger in a frying pan. In a frying pan over medium heat add equal parts of butter and vegetable oil to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Add burgers to the pan and cook on each side for 6-8 minutes until both sides are caramelized. Pull burgers out of pan and let sit for 1-2 minutes, temperature should be at medium. (If you prefer a more cooked temperature, transfer burgers and pan into a 400 degree oven for 5 minutes)
- In a skillet, fry eggs in butter until over easy. Do not flip the eggs! Only cook them on one side to ensure yolk remains warm and runny!
- Assemble the burgers! Place the burger on the bun, with some arugula and basil, topped off with the over easy egg! Enjoy!
A Money-Saving Kitchen
Yes, it is possible! Let's get organized
Ways to a money-saving kitchen.
The Hudson Valley's where it's at.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Cilantro lovers, take note.
Get your shine on.