Author Notes: This is really easy to prepare. If you want it to be lighter just substitute heavy cream with plain yogurt or milk. - heirloom
- 1 pound carrots
- 2 scallions
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 1 cup mixed sprouts
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- Peel carrots, slice them into 1/4" rounds. Heat a pot with olive oil, 2 minced scallions, thyme, and salt. Let cook for about 2 minutes and add carrots. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the broth and cook covered for 45 minutes. Then puree it with a blender.
- Complete with cream and curry. Taste and adjust salt and curry.
- Serve in individual soup bowls garnished with a little sprouts.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Root Vegetable Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe