If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A carrot cake I made for my dad's 80th birthday; the recipe got plenty of requests and has one secret ingredient: grape molasses - Taste of Beirut
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup grape molasses
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 4 pieces large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons orange rind
- 2 cups pistachios
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 14 ounces cream cheese spread
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 8 ounces unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons orange blossom water
- Place the dry ingredients in mixer bowl and mix to combine well (flour, almond flour, spices, baking soda and powder).
- In another bowl, place eggs, sugar, molasses, vanilla and oil and mix well to combine.
- Add to the wet ingredients the dry ingredients and mix well then the carrots and nuts and raisins, previously drained.
- Pour the batter into a pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350F for about 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean.
- Make the frosting while the cake is cooling by mixing the butter and cream cheese and gradually adding some sugar and the orange blossom water till creamy and smooth.
- Frost the cake, decorate with chopped pistachios and refrigerate to set the frosting before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe
How to Judge a Person by Their Ice Cream Choice
Are you a King Cone or a Klondike Bar?
Choose your ice cream wisely.
Brown butter Nutella skillet cookie.
Fire up the grill.
Festive Felt Barbecue Banners
Portable picnic snacks.