If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a wonderfully rich tasting soup though there is no cream. I've added lemon zest and greek yogurt for a little zip and brightness.This is my go to first course for many of my winter dinner parties. —mcms1974
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 large leeks, washed and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium, russet potato, peeled and chopped
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup plain, fat free, greek yogurt (more for garnish)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- chopped chives for garnish
- In a heavy 6 quart pot melt the butter over medium heat. Lower the heat and saute leeks with the lid on until softened about 10 minutes.
- Add the carrots, potato, chicken stock, lemon zest and pepper to the pot. Bring to boil then reduce to simmer. Cook 30 minutes with the lid on until vegetables are soft.
- Add the chopped parsley, Either working in batches with a blender or using an immersion blender, puree the soup until desired smoothness.
- Return the soup to low heat and wisk in the salt, lemon juice and yogurt. Adjust seasoning.
- Ladle into bowls. Garnish with a small dollop of yogurt and chopped chives.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe
Genius Recipes for a Genius Labor Day
Beans! Pimento cheese! pies!
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Ways to a money-saving kitchen.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
The Hudson Valley's where it's at.
Get your shine on.