Author Notes: A carrot cake that has evolved over the years. I just kept adding one more thing until I go there. It is a pretty popular cake. It freezes beautifully unfrosted. I cannot tell you how often I have been able to produce a cake at the last minute because I had one in the freezer. I like to call it my safety cake. - yogichef
- 2 cups Sugar
- 4 Large Eggs
- 11/2 cups Canola Oil
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 3 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 2 cups Flour
- 4 cups Packed GratedCarrots
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Small Can Crushed Pineapple-Drained
- 1 cup Coconut
- 1 cup Toasted, Chopped Walnuts
- Cream sugar and the eggs for about 2 minutes with an electric mixer.
- Add all the other ingredients. Mix Well.
- Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees Butter and line 2 9 inch cake pans with parchment paper.
- Split the batter between the 2 pans and bake for 50-60 minutes. Tester should just come out clean.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 tablespoons Butter, At Room Temperature
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese at Room Temperature
- 1/4-1/2 Box of Powdered Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vannila
- Blend all ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- When cake has cooled completly, frost and layer the cake. I liek to toast coconut and adhear it to the frosted sides of the cake. I have also done this with toasted chopped walnuts. This cake freezes beautiful UNFROSTED!!! Defrost before fosting
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe