If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A carrot cake that has evolved over the years. I just kept adding one more thing until I go there. It is a pretty popular cake. It freezes beautifully unfrosted. I cannot tell you how often I have been able to produce a cake at the last minute because I had one in the freezer. I like to call it my safety cake. —yogichef
- 2 cups Sugar
- 4 Large Eggs
- 11/2 cup Canola Oil
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 3 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 2 cups Flour
- 4 cups Packed GratedCarrots
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Small Can Crushed Pineapple-Drained
- 1 cup Coconut
- 1 cup Toasted, Chopped Walnuts
- Cream sugar and the eggs for about 2 minutes with an electric mixer.
- Add all the other ingredients. Mix Well.
- Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees Butter and line 2 9 inch cake pans with parchment paper.
- Split the batter between the 2 pans and bake for 50-60 minutes. Tester should just come out clean.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 tablespoons Butter, At Room Temperature
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese at Room Temperature
- 1/4-1/2 Box of Powdered Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vannila
- Blend all ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- When cake has cooled completly, frost and layer the cake. I liek to toast coconut and adhear it to the frosted sides of the cake. I have also done this with toasted chopped walnuts. This cake freezes beautiful UNFROSTED!!! Defrost before fosting
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe
What to Watch (and Cook to) on Netflix
Eat this from the comfort of your couch
What to watch (and cook to) on Netflix.
Why you should be drinking tequila.
It's time to travel.
Hone and design links we love.
Off to market.