If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have never liked cooked carrots, except for this recipe. The flavors are sharp, clean and interesting. - likokai
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 5 cups carrots, peeled & cut diagonally into 1 inch thick slices
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- Boil large pot of water with 2 T. salt.
- While water boils, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, paprika, 1 teaspoon salt, cumin, cayenne and garlic.
- Cook carrots until just tender, about 5 minutes. Don't overcook. Drain and toss immediately with dressing.
- Add more salt to taste. Top with cilantro before serving. Serve hot or at room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe
Have a Brew-ti-ful Day
Shop our newest caffeinated collection.
Everything you need for coffee and tea.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
A list of things we like.
Home & design links we love.
Add flower power to your espresso.