Author Notes: I have never liked cooked carrots, except for this recipe. The flavors are sharp, clean and interesting. - likokai
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 5 cups carrots, peeled & cut diagonally into 1 inch thick slices
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- Boil large pot of water with 2 T. salt.
- While water boils, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, paprika, 1 teaspoon salt, cumin, cayenne and garlic.
- Cook carrots until just tender, about 5 minutes. Don't overcook. Drain and toss immediately with dressing.
- Add more salt to taste. Top with cilantro before serving. Serve hot or at room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe