Author Notes: My family LOVES pizza. While a plain mozzarella pie totally satisfies, I'm always trying to come up with variations that'll keep things exciting. This is all about sweet and salty, with the earthy sweetness of the figs enhanced by a bit of marmalade. - One Hungry Mama
Makes large pie
- 1 round pizza dough
- olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apricot marmalade
- 1/4 pound gorgonzola
- 1/4 pound prosciutto
- 6 fresh figs, cut into quarters
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, chopped
- salt & pepper
- balsamic vinegar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In the meantime, coat a rimmed cookie sheet with oil. Spread pizza dough evenly over the oiled sheet, making a thicker crust around the edges. Spread olive oil over the top of the dough.
- Use a small spoon to dot the dough with the marmalade. Crumble 3/4 of the cheese around the dough. Lay prosciutto on top, around the dough (I like to split each slice in half). Dot the pizza with figs. Crumble the last bit of cheese across all of the toppings.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and rosemary. Bake for about 50 minutes, until the crust is golden brown. If you like, drizzle the entire pizza with balsamic vinegar after about 40 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fig Recipe