If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sweet organic carrots, salty cocktail peanuts and tangy thick yogurt are combined for this surprising spread. It’s also sturdy enough to stand up as a dip for thick sliced cucumbers and pepper wedges.
No need to chop garlic or ginger if you purchase Christopher Ranch jarred garlic and jarred ginger (Gilroy California). These purees are sold in four-ounce jars in the Asian section of many markets. They require refrigeration after opening. - chezpat
Makes 1 1/2 cups
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups tightly packed grated organic carrots, divided (about 3 carrots)
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic or garlic puree
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger or ginger puree
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Zest of 1/2 lime
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 1/2 lime)
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts, divided
- Heat the olive oil in a 10” skillet over medium heat. Melt the butter with the oil. Add 1 cup carrots and sauté 1 minute.
- Stir in the garlic and ginger and cook for another minute. Sprinkle with the juice, kosher salt and cayenne pepper. Sauté one more minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Stir in the yogurt, lime zest, remaining grated carrots and 6 tablespoons peanuts.
- Transfer the spread to a small serving bowl and sprinkle with the remaining peanuts. Serve with crostini and/or toasted pita wedges. Keeps in the refrigerator 2 weeks.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe