Author Notes: I first came up with this recipe over six years ago; I needed a vegetable side dish and also to use up some cranberry sauce. While I prefer to use homemade orange-flavored whole cranberry sauce, plain cranberry sauce would be delicious, or leave it out altogether for a delicious orange flavored carrot dish. - katiebakes
- 2 pounds baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup orange-flavored whole berry cranberry sauce (homemade or OceanSpray)
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Cook carrots in boiling water until tender. Drain well.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter; add orange marmalade and cranberry sauce, stirring until combined. Add carrots and cook in sauce 2-3 minutes. Reduce heat to low; stir in salt and brandy. Sprinkle evenly with granulated sugar. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe