Author Notes: The origin of this recipe is unknown. I found it printed in a large, unwieldy pile of recipe prospects with no reference notes. I've added a few ingredients and subtracted a few others. Although this recipe supposedly serves four, I could have made twice as much and still had no leftovers. - WeeklyGreens
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and thinly sliced on the bias
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- In a pot of generously salted boiling water, cook carrots until just barely tender, about 5 minutes.
- While carrots are cooking, combine oil, cumin, garlic, honey, cilantro, salt, pepper, cayenne, lemon zest and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Whisk until blended.
- Drain carrots completely, then add warm carrots to the bowl with the dressing. Toss to coat evenly.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe