If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The origin of this recipe is unknown. I found it printed in a large, unwieldy pile of recipe prospects with no reference notes. I've added a few ingredients and subtracted a few others. Although this recipe supposedly serves four, I could have made twice as much and still had no leftovers. - WeeklyGreens
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and thinly sliced on the bias
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- In a pot of generously salted boiling water, cook carrots until just barely tender, about 5 minutes.
- While carrots are cooking, combine oil, cumin, garlic, honey, cilantro, salt, pepper, cayenne, lemon zest and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Whisk until blended.
- Drain carrots completely, then add warm carrots to the bowl with the dressing. Toss to coat evenly.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe
Take Summer Food Inside
11 DIY projects to make when it's too hot to go outside.
Cool Eats for Hot Days
A Carry-On Cocktail Kit
Anna Jones Loves Vegetables
The Daily Grind
Italian Breakfast Buns