If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it
Author Notes: I can't remember the precise origins of the inspiration for this dish. It may have been a Moroccan-inspired recipes. In any case, I think my version is simpler and tastier. It is good warm but also cold and at room temperature. - askann
- Wash and peel your carrots. Slice on the diagonal.
- Saute in a generous amount of olive oil.
- Add a generous amount of crushed or chopped garlic.
- Add salt and spices. Cumin is a good bet. Coriander, ground ginger and cayenne are good too, alone or in combination.
- Stop cooking when the carrots are tender but still firm. This shouldn't take more than a few minutes if your pan isn't really full.
- Add chopped fresh herbs. Try cilantro, parsley or mint. Try one or a combination.
- Add a generous amount of fresh lemon juice.
- Taste. Adjust salt and lemon juice as needed.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe