Author Notes: This is my adaptation of a recipe from Food Network. I've substituted some ingredients to make them even healthier! They are super moist and delicious for breakfast or a snack. - Skinnyfatkid
Makes 12-16 muffins
- 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cups brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup no sugar added applesauce
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 carrots, grated (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup canned crushed pineapple, drained
- Preheat the oven to 375 and line your muffin cups with liners.
- Whisk together the flours, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda. Add in the egg, apple sauce and vanilla and mix together.
- Stir in the carrots and pineapple until everything is combined. Drop batter into muffin cups.
- Bake about 30 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe