If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my adaptation of a recipe from Food Network. I've substituted some ingredients to make them even healthier! They are super moist and delicious for breakfast or a snack. —Skinnyfatkid
Makes 12-16 muffins
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup no sugar added applesauce
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 carrots, grated (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup canned crushed pineapple, drained
- Preheat the oven to 375 and line your muffin cups with liners.
- Whisk together the flours, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda. Add in the egg, apple sauce and vanilla and mix together.
- Stir in the carrots and pineapple until everything is combined. Drop batter into muffin cups.
- Bake about 30 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe
Welcome to Funky Town
How to make kimchi—without a recipe
Make kimchi—without a recipe.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
Know (and shop) the basics.
Eat cookies for breakfast.
The chicest apron around.