If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Never have been one to leave well enough alone (see: 'What's Up Doc' Carrot Vichyssoise), here's another recipe inspired by my favorite Looney Tunes character, who was fond of saying: "Carrot are divine! You get a dozen for a dime! It's maaaaa-gic!"
(Bugs Bunny graphic courtesy Warner Bros. Entertainment) - wssmom
- 1 pound skinny carrots, scraped and cut into little cubes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon each: cinnamon, nutmeg, cumin, paprika (or aleppo pepper, thanks for the introduction, Sagegreen!), and caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- couple cloves of garlic, smashed
- 1 14.5 ounce can chickpeas, drained well
- 1 14.5 ounce can chopped tomatoes, juice and all
- 1 tablespoon honey or other sweetener
- water, if needed
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Cook the carrots in a small amount of salted water until tender, about 5-7 minutes (more if you cut them bigger).
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium saucepan and add the spices and garlic; cook, stirring, over medium-low heat, until the kitchen starts to smell like Rabat or Marrakesh.
- Drain the carrots and stir into the spices along with the tomatoes, the chickpeas, and the honey. Simmer about 15 minutes, adding water if needed; stir in the cilantro, and serve alongside your favorite grain (farro, quinoa, brown rice, etc.)
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.