Author Notes: I has so many carrots leftover from the carrot ravioli I cooked two nights ago, and the carrot falafel that did not turn out well, so I decided to make "fries" using carrots instead of potatoes. Instead of coating them with panko, or just not coating at all, I decided to coat them with coconut. Yummm...coconut and carrot blend so well together I just could not resist giving it a shot. The "fries" were super quick and simple to make. And when served with a sweet chili or cilantro-lime sauce make a wonderful healthy snack. - Table9
- 12 Carrots, Peeled and Sliced into Evenly Cut "Fries"
- 3/4 tablespoons Exra Virgin Olive Oil
- Dash of Ground Red Pepper
- 1/3 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 3/4 cups Unsweetend Coconut, Process into Small Pieces (should be comparable in size to Panko)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large ziploc bag add carrot "fries", olive oil, red pepper, cumin and coconut-crumbs. Combine until carrot "fries" are well coated. Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet and pour the carrot "fries" onto the sheet. Make sure there is no overlapping.
- Place in the oven and cook until carrots are tender, approximately 15-20 minutes. I had no problem with the coconut burning, which was my initial concern, but just make sure to watch them toward the 15 minute mark.
- Serve with sweet-chili sauce or with drizzle of a lime + freshly chopped cilantro.