If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Savory or sweet, I feel there is little mystery to what kind of dish carrots are incorporated-- Carrot soup, carrot cake, carrot salad, glazed carrots. I wanted to create something that caters to the savory and sweet palettes, while also leaving a little intrigue into how those flavors work together. Inspired by potatoes au gratin, I created a cheesy dish with the spicy flavors of Morocco. - meetsaucygirl
- 3 cups carrots sliced
- 1 cup onion diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinches salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 3 cups ramekins
- Preheat oven to 400ºF
- In a sauté pan, melt butter on medium heat
- Add the onions and carrots and sauté until the onions are translucent.
- Add curry, cinnamon and a pinch of salt and pepper. Continue cooking until the spices are well distributed and absorbed.
- Allow the carrots to cool while you butter the ramekins or spray with non-stick spray.
- Add a layer of carrots and onion in each ramekin.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese and and raisins.
- Add another layer of carrots and repeat with feta cheese and raisins. Continue layering until there are no carrots left. Once all the carrots are distributed, finish with the remaining feta cheese.
- Drizzle cream into each ramekin. Sprinkle the tops of each dish with brown sugar.
- Bake in the oven until the dishes are bubbling and delicious!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe
It's Time to Rhyme
The staff at Food52 give us their best haikus.
Do you haiku?
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
Bake yourself breakfast.
Calling all recipe testers!