If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It's disappointing that carrots are the forgotten stepchild of the the vegetable bin. They're readily available and have global diversity; they're adaptable to the flavor profile of so many cuisines. Just think - carrots quietly inhabit the background and remain a staple ingredient in recipes around the world: American, European, Middle Eastern, Asian and Mediterranean. - FamilyStyle Food
This Vietnamese-inspired recipe highlights the essence of carrots while making them a centerpiece; raw carrots have a sweet, refreshing crunch that can showcase the tang and heat of Southeast Asian flavors.
- FamilyStyle Food
Food52 Review: I love the combination of peanuts and carrots with a little acid and this salad is an interesting twist. The flavors are bright and fresh and will be a great addition to a buffet or alongside some other Asian-themed dishes. My teens also liked this dish! When I make it again, I'll probably cut back the lime juice just a little. Serve this soon after making, when it's at its tastiest! - healthierkitchen
- 1 pound bunched carrots w/ fresh green tops
- 1 cup shredded Savoy cabbage
- 4 green onions, white and light green parts thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, shredded
- 1/4 cup roasted, unsalted peanuts; chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons roasted peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons Asian chili garlic sauce, to taste
- 1 teaspoon peeled, grated fresh ginger
- 1 crushed, chopped garlic clove
- Trim off the carrot tops; peel and cut carrots into thin ribbons or matchsticks using a knife, mandoline or vegetable peeler.
- Toss the carrots with the cabbage, green onions, mint and peanuts in a large bowl.
- To make dressing, whisk the lime juice, peanut oil, fish sauce, sugar, chili sauce, ginger and garlic in a small bowl until blended and sugar is dissolved.
- Pour the dressing over the carrot mixture and gently toss to coat.
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.