Author Notes: Since moving to Southern California, I have been obsessed over the carrot condiment provided in many taco shops. My friend Mark did some research asked some friends and threw this together. I love the freshness and the delightful marry of flavors. This is certainly a recipe that gets more complex the longer it sits in your fridge. True confession...I love this enough that I eat it as a side and not as a condiment. - dancing kitchen
- 2 cups carrots cut on the bias
- 2 quarts water
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 white onion sliced thin (shoe string)
- 2 jalapeno peppers seeded and sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
- Place water and salt in a heavy bottom sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Add carrots to the rolling boil and cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Add vinegar, onion, and peppers.
- Cover and let sit for 20 minutes. Drain.
- Add chopped cilantro and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe