If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Since moving to Southern California, I have been obsessed over the carrot condiment provided in many taco shops. My friend Mark did some research asked some friends and threw this together. I love the freshness and the delightful marry of flavors. This is certainly a recipe that gets more complex the longer it sits in your fridge. True confession...I love this enough that I eat it as a side and not as a condiment. —dancing kitchen
- 2 cups carrots cut on the bias
- 2 quarts water
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 white onion sliced thin (shoe string)
- 2 jalapeno peppers seeded and sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
- Place water and salt in a heavy bottom sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Add carrots to the rolling boil and cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Add vinegar, onion, and peppers.
- Cover and let sit for 20 minutes. Drain.
- Add chopped cilantro and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe
Anything but Watered down
Pair tomato water with pasta
Tomato water: the sauce of summer.
Butter pecan ice cream for impatient cooks.
It's time to travel.
Tomato skins, meet salt.
Put cake on a pedestal.