If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was a wedding shower gift from my cousin Katie. It's a truly warming, surprisingly hearty soup, and simple enough for a novice like me to make with great success. A wonderful gift! Enjoy! —RachelG
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3 cups peeled chopped carrots
- 3 cups chicken (or vegetable) stock
- salt & pepper to taste
- Greek yogurt, for serving
- Saute the onion in oil in a large saucepan over medium heat for 3 minutes
- Add the spices, and cook ~ 5 minutes more
- Add the carrots and broth, and simmer until the carrots are soft, ~15-20 minutes
- Working in batches as needed, puree the soup
- Season with salt & pepper
- Serve wtih yogurt topping if you like (personally, I like it straight up!)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe
Food Blog Links We Love
Perfect picnic fare
Food blog links we love.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.