If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 6 cups cubed (1/2-inch) butternut squash (from about 1 medium squash)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Pile the butternut squash into a medium, heavy saucepan or dutch oven. Add the olive oil and season with salt. Cover the pan, and place it over medium high heat. Occasionally lift the lid to stir, but you want the butternut squash to rapidly saute and steam in the oil. Cook until the squash is very tender, about 15 minutes. Make sure the squash doesn't burn; adjust the heat as needed.
- Off the heat, use a potato masher to crush the squash to a very soft mash with no large chunks. Return the purée to medium heat. Pour in the cream and let it sit until it bubbles. Then stir it in. Add more salt or cream as needed.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
These Ballads Are Bananas
Our favorite food-centric songs.
A feast for the ears.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
We're woven this backpack.