If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired by Beet, Leek and Goat Cheese Tart from Formerchef.com. - jyoungs82
Makes 10" tart
Gluten Free Pastry Dough
- 1 cup Gluten Free Baking Mix
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1/3 teaspoon Sea Salt
Beet and Brussels Sprouts Filling
- 2 Medium Red Beets
- 10 Large Brussels Sprouts
- 1 tablespoon Capers
- 7 Large Eggs
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Rice Milk
- 1/3 cup Mediterranean Herb Goat Cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Thyme
- pinches Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350*F. To make the dough cream together the Butter, Egg, Honey and Salt. Once creamed add in the flour in two parts.
- Roll dough into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Once the dough is ready, roll it out on a floured surface. Place the rolled out dough into the tart pan and press to form the dough to the pan.
- Bake the dough for 10-12 minutes at 350*F, or until the dough is lightly browned.
- Filling: With the oven still at 350*F place the beets wrapped in foil into the oven for one hour to roast.
- While the beets are roasting take the brussels sprouts and run them through a mandoline on thick slice. Heat up the olive oil in a pan on medium high heat and cook the brussels sprouts for about five minutes. Slightly browning the brussel sprouts.
- In a small bowl beat together the eggs, rice milk and salt.
- Once the beets are done remove the skin. Cut one beet into small cubes and the other beet into four and then thinly sliced.
- Combine the beets, brussels sprouts and capers and place mixture into the tart pan. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables.
- Cut up the thyme roughly and sprinkle over the tart. Lastly sprinkle the herb goat cheese evenly over the tart.
- Place the tart in the oven and bake at 350*F for 30-35 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)
What's sweet and sour and your new favorite ingredient?
The answer is tamarind.
Ottolenghi's secret ingredient.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Live la vie en rose.
Take these foods to go.