If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Our Contributing Editor Lindsay-Jean is headed to Maui and Oahu for vacation—a belated 10th-anniversary celebration—next week with her husband. One sun-loving vegetarian and one sun-avoiding red-headed omnivore are depending on your suggestions for how to make the most of their first trip to Hawaii. Is a luau a must-see event or an overrated tourist trap? Is the Road to Hana a trip to paradise or a scary, time-wasting drive?
Where should they go, eat, shop, sit, drink? Things of particular interest:
- Hard-to-find, hidden, locals spots (yes, I know, every tourist asks for these—there are still some secret ones left though, right? I promise not to tell!)
- Whale watching
- Dive bars with killer views and posh bars with killer drinks
- Farmers markets and local produce
- Old stuff and thrift stores
- Running routes and scenic hikes
- Restaurants to capitalize on their temporarily child-free state
- Local specialties not to be missed
Tell us your favorites in the comments below. Mahalo!