If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Give your space a spiff and shine to the tune of $2,000, thanks to Pottery Barn! Enter here for the chance to win, and spruce up your home from top to bottom, kitchen to patio, with the likes of dinnerware, plushy cushions, and more. In the meantime, here are 5 quickfire ways to give love to your yard now.
Whether you're in the city or the country, a backyard or outdoor space can be a sanctuary—somewhere to be quiet, stoke a fire, entertain family and friends, or plant a kitchen garden. Whether you consider your own personal green patch a luxury or a necessity, you gotta whip it into shape every once in a while if you use it on the regular.
So, if you're lucky enough to have one, get out there and spruce it up! It doesn't have to take a long time, or a lot of resources—you can give your yard new life, and quick.
- Get in the dirt to do a little light garden maintenance, like pruning, trimming, and fertilizing. A snip and clip can do wonders for brambly bushes and perennials.
- Last minute cocktails or dinner at your place (because everyone knows you have the best outdoor space)? Repurpose common kitchen items like juice or canning jars or parchment cupcake liners to decorate.
- And if that party ends up going late, throw some light scarves or crocheted pieces over chairs or benches so people can get cozy if it gets chilly (like you see in that photo above).
- Adding cushions to outdoor seating is a super easy way to spiff up an outdoor dining area, and since they are interchangable, you can swap them in and out by mood or season. Monochrome looks great on anything, but patterns can make you feel chic and kinda wild.
- Potted plants that you can't kill will survive on a deck or in a window overlooking it—they'll create depth on a patio and lend much needed green in the months that are brown and drab.
From May 9 to 14, we're heading to the Northeast's sprawling antiques fair in Brimfield, Massachusetts, with Pottery Barn. Until then, we're sharing ways to spruce up your backyard—and a chance to win big with Pottery Barn, to the tune of $2,000. Enter the sweepstakes here!