• Make the coeur a la creme, get it into a mold and refrigerate 24-36 hours in advance.
• Do up those mushrooms and let them sit in the fridge overnight to let the flavors develop.
• Prepare the herb butter and save it in the fridge. On to the chicken: tuck shallots and softened butter under the skin. Season and let it rest in the fridge, uncovered, overnight -- this will help the skin roast up impossibly crisp.
• Make that soup too, since you're on a roll!
Things to do the day of:
• To the market!
• Prop the chicken up, as dignified as you can, on the tube pan insert and get him in the oven.
• Sprinkle the strawberries with sugar and let them macerate while you finish cooking and enjoy dinner with your guests.
• Slice up and toast some bread to serve with the mushrooms as your guests arrive.
• Brown some butter with olive oil, toss in radishes and cook until they are tender and caramelized. Let them cool and sprinkle with mint just before serving.
• Cheers! Serve up. And certainly not without a glass of Pinot Noir or Beaujolais Nouveau that would do with a slight chill (Not so fast! Save those rosés and crispy whites for coming menus.)
With a little labor knocked out in advance, you will, no doubt, enjoy your own dinner. It shouldn't be hard to be festive -- you just need a plan!