🔕 🔔

Food ideas for a new mom?

My really good friend is fixing to have her first baby and I want to provide her with quite a few meals so that neither she nor her dh have to worry about food. They live about 30 minutes from me, which makes it not so practical to take a meal every day. I was thinking about making several things that I could put in the freezer, they could have leftovers, would be real easy for him to prepare (he is not a cook). any ideas? They do not like gourmet-type foods (which we would be too expensive for me to prepare anyway), but otherwise are pretty good eaters. Help? Thanks in advance!

asked by katiebakes about 4 years ago
0b360b64 877d 4742 8283 76f2c1197f7f  redsaurkraut

Not to be too boring, but lasagna is my go-to for easy freezer meals for friends in-need.

Also good: taco kits, hearty salad kits, big vats of bean chili, large quantities of homemade hummus (really does freeze great, I swear).