What are your favorite delicious and creative Oscar Party appetizers and/ or desserts? I'm drawing a blank this year!

Oscar Party Goodness

asked by Bek over 5 years ago

former Community Editor

I'm loving this roundup of Oscar party snacks from a couple years ago - http://food52.com/blog... - I'm just having trouble narrowing down which ones to make!

Bek
Bek

Thanks! That all sounds great! I'm also looking for some wonderful salads to make. Appreciate the answer!

FutureChef

If you get the foodily app, follow Wolfgang Puck's posts; he's been talking about his Oscar menus for the embassy for weeks... lots of ideas!

Popcorn..as is in the Food52 post.
I do a bit different with seasoning. Which requires a special item "true lime" a crystallized lime powder at most super markets.
The Salt is ground in a spice grinder, or mortar pestel. With the true lime powder, with the addition of garlic powder, smoked paprika, white pepper and Cyan pepper (for heat)..and ginger powder. Butter or oil is used coat the popcorn in a paper bag before adding the salt and seasoning mix--so the mix sticks to the popcorn. http://truelemonstore.com...

Bek
Bek

Thanks all! The food app suggested was not able to fit my old iPhone (ugh!), so I'm still looking for salads/more good stuff/& desserts. I have many people coming over so this has to be stellar! I'm using lots of cheese and cookie recipes from last year, along with the stuffed 'shrooms. I just wish all of you could be there!!!