bread crumbs

I try to make from scratch or buy everything for Thanksgiving from local growers. It bummed me out last year when my dad brought a huge bag of bulk super market bread crumbs so I am thinking about making my own bread, then turning into crumbs for the stuffing. Am I biting off more than i can chew?

asked by seth10597 over 3 years ago

Sounds like a great idea. You can make the bread, and even the bread crumbs, way in advance. They both freeze well. Just defrost the bread 2 days before you need to make into breadcrumbs so it can properly dry out. The bread crumbs can be defrosted the day before use.

seth10597

Thanks for the advice guys! sorry, meant cubes!

Even if you purchase a loaf.of bread for the stuffing (I like olive ciabatta), it would be so much better than what your dad bought unless he has a special source. Better warn him ahead of time. :)

Tony S

Tons of bakeries will begin selling cubed bread for stuffing around this time of year. If you have a bakery that you like, I would suggest asking them if they plan to do so.