Last Meal.

I'm flipping through a book, I took out from the library by Melanie Dunea called "My Last Supper". It details various successful chefs, and what they would like to enjoy for their last meal. Some find it a morbid topic, but I'm fascinated by it. Now I want to hear yours. Let's pretend its a joyous occasion: What would you eat (no limits), who would be there, and where would it be?

PieceofLayerCake is a trusted source on baking.

asked about 3 years ago

First, a crisp glass of sparkling wine or champagne. Fresh abalone from Morrow Bay, California harvested by my brother. Caesar salad and grilled asparagus as sides with a pairing of wines from a neighboring vineyard..which I sadly am spacing the name of right now. Boccone Dolce with strawberries from my mom's garden and espresso for dessert. I actually have this meal once a year, but I still want it as my last meal and I want to share it with the same group of family and friends that I do every year. Sigh.

Filet Mignon with tons of Bearnaise and frites.

My Aunt posted this on her blog about last meals on death row. Fun reading: http://hauntedfamilytrees...

There was a moment in time where I uncovered an unhealthy fascination with death row last meals O_O

I wasn't going to admit it, but me too. I've always been sort of fascinated with prison movies and stories. I had a list of last DR meals, but can't remember where it came from.

Garlic Fiend

It depends on whether I'm on my deathbed or if I'm still healthy. If I'm already on my way out the door, my last meal will be peanuts, peanuts, peanuts, pistachios, hazelnuts, PB&J, did I mention peanuts? Fried chicken fried in peanut oil. Any other food that contains peanuts. Taste Reeses peanut butter cups for the first and last time. Hold the EpiPen, please.

If I'm still healthy, it'll be a feast that lasts for days. I enjoy way too much food! Any food that contains lobster. Maybe a sushi feast. It'll be a seafood fest of some kind for sure.

You're as obsessed with nuts/peanuts as I am?! It makes me incredibly sad that they're so ridiculously caloric because I would eat them all day if I could.

Stephanie

Oooh, so many options. Sushi and sake. Champagne and oysters with an array of granitas. Lemon sorbet palate cleanser. Steak with blue cheese butter, caramelized onions, a side of cheesy potato gratin, crispy brussels sprouts - and whiskey. Fresh peaches, strawberries, and cherries (maybe a little more champagne). And lots of homemade ice cream.
And a cappuccino to wash it down. ;-)

YES! Now THAT'S a last meal! Balls to the wall, if you'll pardon the expression.

Stephanie

As a side note, you might like this...
http://henryhargreaves...