ice cream maker

I forgot to put my ice cream machine base in the freezer over night, do you think it will work if it's in there for 7 hours-ish? :(

asked by Natalie about 3 years ago

It should work.

However, I suggest you read the manufacturer's instructions carefully for a more definitive answer.

Good luck.

Depends on your freezer.

rt21

I agree with chef June ..., won't work unless it's completely frozen

I also have a Cuisinart (old, but totally functional) and a perfectly good freezer - and freezing at least overnight still works best. I've tried putting it in early morning, for late afternoon churning - just not as effective. I also store it in the freezer when there's room, especially in summer. Never know when you'll need to drop everything and churn a batch!

Stephanie G

If it's a Cuisinart, mine didn't work when I didn't leave it in the freezer the full time. If you can't wait, make sure your custard is a cold as possible.