🔕 🔔

ice cream maker

I forgot to put my ice cream machine base in the freezer over night, do you think it will work if it's in there for 7 hours-ish? :(

asked by Natalie about 2 years ago

88afa98e fd9c 4e61 af72 03658638b6cb  eight ball 600px

It should work.

However, I suggest you read the manufacturer's instructions carefully for a more definitive answer.

Good luck.

695013bb 6175 44d4 9967 d3fa0ab27033  stringio

Depends on your freezer.

I agree with chef June ..., won't work unless it's completely frozen

1097a5b5 1775 4eec a8ea 7421137b65dc  image 2 apples claire sullivan 2

I also have a Cuisinart (old, but totally functional) and a perfectly good freezer - and freezing at least overnight still works best. I've tried putting it in early morning, for late afternoon churning - just not as effective. I also store it in the freezer when there's room, especially in summer. Never know when you'll need to drop everything and churn a batch!

If it's a Cuisinart, mine didn't work when I didn't leave it in the freezer the full time. If you can't wait, make sure your custard is a cold as possible.